Top 5 Places I've Been To So Far

I started as a travel agent with Special Needs Vacation By V to be able to focus on giving my corporate clients full service for their off-site trainings and retreats. But make no mistake, with my love for travel it wasn't a hard move to make at all!

I have been super blessed to have the travel experience I've had so far through my past careers, ministry involvement, and pure pleasure.  Out of over 100 cities/places across the world, here are my Top 5. This was HARD to do...

#5 - The Grand Canyon

This was a moment of pleasure on a business trip to Las Vegas.  I got on a helicopter adventure over and into the Grand Canyon.  Amazing full day adventure with a dude ranch, horseback riding some trails, and helicopter back to Vegas.  The sheer grandeur is unforgettable.

#4 - San Diego

Another business trip.  This time, on a beachfront hotel watching the morning routine of our awesome Navy forces.  That might have swayed me a little ;-).  The beaches are perfect, the temperature is perfect, it's not overrun with billboards, the whole atmosphere is laid back and sunny.  And the food is scrumptious!

#3 - Nashville!

This city has been a top favorite of mine since I was a little girl and wanted to sing on the Grand Ole Opry.  This Music City is known for just that - music.  But there is so much more to this town that's filled with a rich history and southern hospitality.  My love for country music runs deep and Tootsie's right around the corner from the Ryman Auditorium (the "church") was the hot spot for all the great music makers.  And still is.

#2 - Disney, of course

What can I say?  I'm a big kid at heart and what better place to play than Disney?  There's four main parks to choose from, two water parks, the ESPN sports facility, Disney Springs, and all the resorts!  I can wear myself out in a day, or rest by the pool.  Plus, it's centrally located in Florida, so I can take short drive to the beach or even to see the manatees migrate at Blue Springs State Park (December is the best month).  Plenty to do. But the big plus is the happy - you're in a place that is created to help you escape the mundane and place you into the fantstical, and everyone is trained to support a happy environment.  One of my favorite things to do is not the obvious - it's getting a selfie with the giraffes on the Kilaminjaro Safari ride in Animal Kingdom.  They roam free - so they are RIGHT THERE!  


#1 - IRELAND!  

This ancient land draws me in every time I hear a distinct accent, see more than one shade of green, hear bagpipes or fife whistles, taste Jameson whiskey, or walk into a local pub that hints of Irish ties.  I love everything about it.  My first visit I took a tour with CIE Tours (best in the business!), that included all of southern Ireland, then spent a couple days on my own at Ashford Castle.  It was my 30th birthday gift to myself and beyond worth it.  The people were very friendly. Tourism is one of the main industries. And it's just so - Irish.  A rich history, gorgeous lands, temperate weather, all on an island about the size of Indiana. 








I've been blessed to travel to a LOT of places:  the Philippines, Romania, Budapest, Punta Cana, Ireland, all over the United States (New York City, LA, Atlanta, Chicago, Chattanooga, Memphis, Nashville, Mount Rushmore, Seattle, Spokane, San Diego, Houston, Dallas, Palm Springs, Denver, Vail, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Kansas City, Tulsa, Las Vegas, and a bunch of small towns in between. I love a good road trip, and not afraid to fly where I need to and my list of want-tos grows every day!

NOW, with being an agent, I get to help others go to cool places too!  

=C=  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel for Food Lovers

My first certification